Act Early Oregon recognizes that parents and caregivers are the expert on their child. Promoting ways for parents and caregivers to expand knowledge about developmental milestones is an Act Early Oregon priority for assuring parents and caregivers have the resources they need to be the best parents they wish to be.
Developmental Milestones are things most children can do by a certain age. Children reach milestones in how they play, learn, speak, act, and move (crawling, walking, etc.). Download Milestones Checklists to track your child’s development and view these Milestones in Action photos and videos of children showing developmental milestones (start by selecting your child’s age below).
Using Milestones in Action
Parents and Caregivers
Click on an age above to see photo and video examples of important developmental milestones.
- Use this library as an aid in completing the Milestones Checklist for your child’s age.
- Complete an interactive milestone checklist that features videos and images from this library with CDC’s new Milestone Tracker app.
No permissions are needed to use the photos and images in this library for educational or awareness-building purposes.
- Embed and share photos and videos on your website and within presentations
- Use Milestones in Action to support observations and conversations with parents on age-appropriate milestones
- Share photos and videos on social media to build community awareness of developmental milestones